1. Careers
We certainly can't let Heart Month pass us by without exploring the role of the cardiologist! Cardiologists are physicians who treat defects and diseases of the heart and arteries. They initially study and train in internal medicine, and then subspecialize in cardiology by completing an additional three years of training, called a fellowship.

Did you know that there are many different types of cardiologists? Each type of cardiologist has a slightly different type of practice, and some do more advanced procedures than others. Some cardiologists focus more on prevention and management of chronic heart disease, and other cardiologists spend more time performing procedures to repair acute heart problems. Most cardiologists treat adults primarily, but pediatric cardiologists specialize in treating children who may have been born with a heart defect or who have other heart issues. Find out more about this exciting and challenging physician career in the cardiologist career profile.

Comments
July 7, 2009 at 2:09 am
(1) Naiya says:

i would like to contact a cardilogist-could someone plz plz plz help me!!!

December 10, 2009 at 10:38 pm
(2) Statiomparpip says:

Hi there) How can I get more Information about weather chicago
?

March 30, 2011 at 8:51 pm
(3) Everline says:

I would really like to become a cardiologist. I have been ever since I was told how I was born with a heart defect. if you have any advice on what classes I should take in high school and/or in college, please don’t hesitate to tell me.

oh and sorry if I misspelled anything.

February 8, 2012 at 9:30 am
(4) hj says:

i need help

March 6, 2012 at 10:10 am
(5) Dominik says:

I have always wanted to become a cardiologist because of my heart condition as a little baby. The doctors said I had heart murmuring. I would like to help kids who have the same problem as I do. I still have the heart murmuring after I work out and split wood. I would like to know what classes I should take in High School and College. Since I am in 7th grade, I am learning all I can to become a cardiologist. Heard it was hard work to get in. I am all ready for hard work if I can help a child with heart problems.:)

March 8, 2012 at 9:47 am
(6) Mathiazhagan says:

I would like to be a cardiologist because my grandma is a heart patient and i would to help the poor people who is suffring like my grandma and free treatment to the poor people….