11. Orthopaedic SurgeryOrthopaedic surgery entails surgery of the joints, bones, and muscles. Patients with sports injuries, or injuries from an accident may be treated by orthopaedic surgeons, as are patients with some types of arthritis in the joints which may be surgically repaired.
Otolaryngology is the medical specialty commonly known as "E.N.T.", which stands for ear, nose, and throat. Otolaryngology includes office-based care, and surgical procedures both in the hospital and in the office. Therefore, a variety of practice environments and employers are available in this field.
13. PediatricsPediatrics is a primary care field of medicine focusing on the healthcare of children, from newborn to age 18. Most pediatric jobs are office-based, where routine physicals, immunizations, coughs and colds, and "lumps and bumps" are handled frequently. However, there are also numerous pediatric jobs available at children's hospitals, particularly in pediatric subspecialties such as pediatric surgery.
14. PsychiatryPsychiatry entails the treatment of patients' mental health and well-being. Psychiatry may be practiced in an office, providing psychotherapy and medication for more common psychiatric care, or in a psychiatric hospital for more serious, acute psychiatric issues such as bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and other issues requiring hospitalization. Psychiatry also involves treatment of patients with addictions such as drugs or alcohol.
15. RadiologyRadiology is the medical field which entails the use of medical imaging to diagnose a variety of problems across all specialties and body systems. Radiology is a very high-tech field offering a great deal of job growth, because it is utilized in conjunction with so many other medical specialties including cardiology, surgery, oncology, gastroenterology, to name a few.
16. SurgeryGeneral surgeons perform a variety of abdominal and laparoscopic surgeries. Surgeons may also subspecialize to focus on trauma surgery, vascular surgery, plastic surgery, or cardiac surgery. Surgical careers involve surgeon, surgical tech, or OR nurse.
Urology is the medical specialty involving diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of the urinary tract as well as the male reproductive system. Urology includes office-based care and surgical treatment.