Education, Training, and Certifications
- Getting Started: Health Career Basics
- Medical Education, Degrees, and Certifications
- Terms and Definitions
- Entry Level Resources
- Medical Careers Available with Less Than Four Years of College
Getting Started: Health Career Basics
Before you apply for school or apply for a new job in the medical industry, make sure you are on the right path to the best career for you.
- Before You Pursue a Health Career
- Why Work in Healthcare? Top 5 Reasons
- Why is Education So Important?
Medical Education, Degrees, and Certifications
While there are some medical careers available without a college degree, most of the more advanced, lucrative careers require many years of graduate and post-graduate education and training. Learn more about the various degree programs available, and how to navigate the educational process.
- Educational Requirements and Medical Degrees
- Traits Medical Schools Seek in Applicants
- American Medical Schools vs. International Medical Schools
- 5 Ways to Decrease Tuition Costs
Terms and Definitions
Glossary of terms, definitions and acronyms you may need to know when searching or training for a career in the healthcare field.
- Definitions of Terms beginning with the letter A through I
- Definitions of Terms - letters J through O
- Definitions and Terms - letters P through Z
Entry Level Resources
Once you have obtained the necessary educational requirements, certifications, and licensure, you're ready to find your first job in the medical industry. These resources will help you to make the transition from student life to the professional world.
- 6 Steps to a Medical Job
- Top Medical Job Boards
- 8 Interview Tips to Get the Job Offer
- How to Write a Resume' (or Curriculum Vitae)
Medical Careers Available with Less Than Four Years of College
If you are a high school graduate, there are several careers available to you in the healthcare field. Some may require a brief training or certification course, but none of these careers requires a college degree. Although these jobs may not pay as much as more advanced careers with advanced degrees, these medical careers still offer many benefits of working in the healthcare industry. These include job stability, career growth, and a challenging, fun environment in the medical field!