Thousands of College Students Seek "Sugar Daddies" to Help Pay Tuition:
This article is not an endorsement of this practice. Unfortunately, this practice is a sign of the times. Since there are so many healthcare careers that require college degrees, many sugar babies are aspiring healthcare workers. Even if you are not a sugar baby, your future coworker at the hospital or medical office could be a former sugar baby.
Many Members on the Site are Pursuing Healthcare Careers, Medical Degrees:
Universities with the Highest Number of 'Sugar Baby' Sign-ups:
So which Universities have the most college "sugar babies"?
SeekingArrangement.com released a Top 20 list of universities with the largest number of Sugar Baby signups in 2011:
- 1. New York University (NYU) -- 185
- 2. University of Georgia -- 155
- 3. University of Phoenix -- 144
- 4. Tulane University -- 129
- 5. Temple University -- 113
- 6. Virginia Community College -- 108
- 7. University of Southern Florida -- 93
- 8. Arizona State University -- 85
- 9. Michigan State -- 81
- 10. Ivy Tech Community College -- 78
- 11. Georgia State University -- 74
- 12. University of Wisconsin -- 73
- 13. Penn State University -- 72
- 14. University of Central Florida -- 67
- 15. Kent University -- 65
- 16. Maricopa Community College -- 63
- 17. Indiana University -- 62
- 18. University of California, Berkeley -- 61
- 19. The Art Institutes -- 60
- 20. Florida International University -- 59
“In 2012, as the economy continue to limp along, we expect the trend of college students signing up as Sugar Babies to maintain its explosive growth,” says Mr. Wade who holds a BS degree and an MBA degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. “An important social fabric is broken in our society, where individuals are taught to fend for themselves once they turn 18. We can no longer depend on our government or our parents for our education. In the absence of these important social support systems, it’s no wonder more and more college students are relying on finding a Sugar Daddy or Sugar Mommy to pay for college.”
In early 2012, "SeekingArrangement.com sought to redefine what it means to be a sugar daddy by redefining the modern “sugar daddy” as a mentor, sponsor or benefactor who is always respectful, generous, and seeking to empower others.
Launched in 2006, the website currently boasts over 1 million members worldwide.
SeekingArrangement.com is founded by Brandon Wade, an online dating expert, author and entrepreneur who also started SeekingMillionaire.com - the leading millionaire matchmaker online service, and WhatsYourPrice.com - the first and only, patent pending online dating website where singles can buy and sell first dates.
Other Methods to Pay for College:
There are many other ways to reduce your college tuition costs, and many other ways to finance your college education: