What is MEDCOM? Brief Overview of U.S. Army Medical Command:
According to a MEDCOM spokesperson, "The pay is very competitive to other organizations, the benefits match up very well, and often are better than other organizations. We have locations throughout the United States and in some overseas including Japan, Korea, and Germany."
At any given time, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of medical jobs available, including allied healthcare, nursing, dental, and physician jobs.
Working for MEDCOM vs. Working for the Military as Active Duty:
Salary and Compensation Perks of Working for MEDCOM:
- Annual Pay Adjustments/Locality Pay Adjustments
- Special Pay Rates
- Recruitment, Retention and Relocation Bonuses up to 25% of Salary
- Eligibility for Paid Moving Expenses
- Physicians Comparability Allowances
Benefits Offered by MEDCOM Medical Jobs:
- Health Insurance: includes dental, vision, and general healthcare expenses shared by the employer, and group life insurance.
- Retirement: benefits include a three-tiered retirement plan plus a savings and employer match plan similar to a 401(k).
- Vacation and Time off: 13-26 days off per year, plus sick leave, plus 10 paid holidays.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Internships
- Paid, state-of-the-art job training
Family-friendly Perks of MEDCOM Medical Jobs:
- Flexible work schedules
- Family-friendly leave policies
- Child care and elder care resources
- Adoption information and incentives programs
- Child support programs
- Employee assistance programs